TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:18338] openssh upgrade...

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 02:22:18PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
>Quoting Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom (carls@agritech.com):
>> who know more about this stuff than I do, before shooting myself in
>> the foot. :)
>
>Openssh will obsolete the ssh stuff. Just rpm -Uhv it.

Note: I am not completely sure of how rpm's work

With that said, I would say rpm -e the old stuff. Get rid of it entirely and
start fresh with openssh. Reason is, your ssh packages weren't made by the
same group of people. Maybe they configured them differently. Hate to see it
get borked. Just my .02

--
Ben Lutgens  xAdministrator CS Solutions Inc |WinNT BSOD Security model:
1821 University Ave, St. Paul, Mn	     |"Can't crack it if it's crashed.