TCLUG Archive

556 domains, sendmail and LDAP?

I am working on a project configuring a sendmail server that is used as the
corporate mail server. This corporation has 556 domains that need to be
allowed to RELAY through the corporate server.

The domains are in non-contiguous blocks of IPs from many different ISPs so I
cannot capture them all with a niffy class address(es). If fact, most of them
all have thier own Class C space.

There is a redundant machine on site and another one offsite that will handle
all the email if the main server is unavailable.

My options seem to be entering in the 500+ domains in the access file for
RELAY for all 3 servers. Besides the typing, this is not that big of a deal
for the initial setup. But the long term admin is terrible.

Wanna add a new domain? Make sure you do it on all 3 servers. Don't forget!
I can see that working for the first admin until he burns and they get a new
one and the old admin forgets to tell the new admin about this little feature.

So, is there any way to make sendmail's access database come from an LDAP
server?  It would be sweet to add the new domains to LDAP and have all 3
machines get their access info out of LDAP.

Thanks.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500