TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:18038] Where is Cygnus now? (was Re: [TCLUG:17968] Debian error)

On Tuesday, May 23, 2000, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net> wrote:

> They can't close of the existing or derived code of gcc - unless they get
> the copyright from FSF.

Right, and I'm sure Stallman will hand it right over as soon as Redhat
signs him onto their payroll.  I think you're overreacting a little...

> I don't want to turn this into a conspiracy theory - but it does bother me
> that something that did not seem impossible before has suddenly become more
> so.

Huh?  Become more impossible?  Or become more not impossible?  You
aren't giving the open source community very much credit here.

John

--
dusk@ravendusk.org                                http://www.gnome.org
jsheets@codeweavers.com                      http://www.worldforge.org