TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17968] Debian error

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 09:28:45AM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
>Does this apply to Corel also?  I'm getting a new box at work from BuyPogo
>and their distro options are Red Hat, Corel, or Mandrake; I told my boss to
>order it with Corel on the assumption that I'd be able to upgrade it to a
>real Debian system relatively easily without the hassle of reconfiguring all
>the graphics/sound hardware.

I am not sure about either actually. I don't know enough about either dist
(Corel / Storm) to say _for Sure_ but I am of the opinion that it's best for
an admin to control his own installs. So he/she knows exactly what is in that
box. What makes it tick etc.

--
Ben Lutgens  xAdministrator CS Solutions Inc |WinNT BSOD Security model:
1821 University Ave, St. Paul, Mn	     |"Can't crack it if it's crashed.