TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17874] XScreensaver causing crashes

On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 07:47:13PM -0500, Mike Hicks wrote:
> I'm just curious if many of you have been experiencing system crashes
> likely induced by XScreensaver.  I've heard that it may be a problem
> with XScreensaver versions starting around 3.17.

Yes, I have had problems with  xscreensaver, though I thought it
might be flaky hardware on an old 486.  I get system lockup (can't
even ssh in) with certain screensaver - I think fireworks.  It doesn't
happen if I manually choose that screensaver, but many days I'd
come back and the screen would be locked to the same screensaver.
I just turned xscreensaver off, and didn't file a bug because of
the difficulty of reproducing this problem.

Do you have a link to any info about this?  I'm running
xscreensaver 3.22, on a Debian Potato system.

--
Jim Crumley                 |
crumley@belka.space.umn.edu |