TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17879] Cross-module Apache calls

Scott Dier - dieman said:
> why not have A url handeler on each end that can send XML data based on
> what is asked in the POST/GET and then parse it out in the requesting
> module :)

That's actually pretty close to what I need to do.  The question is, how do I
have Apache server A contact Apache server B in such a fashion that server B
sends the response back to server A (as if A were a broswer) for further
processing instead of passing the response directly to the client (which,
AFAICT, is what will happen if I use a server-side redirect)?

(Oh, and a server-side include isn't quite right either - the final responses
are raw data in text/plain form which are being requested by either a Java
servlet or a C library which converts the raw data into an object/struct for
use by Java/C programs.  There aren't any actual browsers or HTML involved
unless the Java/C program then uses the object/struct to generate a page.)

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+