TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17880] Sendmail "+" addresses

Quoting Bob Tanner (tanner@real-time.com):
> What do addresses with "+" in them mean and do?
>
> Like this:
>
> Kjetil Wiekhorst Jorgensen, <jorgens+rpm@pvv.org>
>
> I remember reading about this awhile ago, but I cannot remember where. A url
> would be great.

Nevermind. /usr/doc/sendmail/README.cf

cyrus           The cyrus and cyrusbb mailers.  The cyrus mailer delivers to
                a local cyrus user.  this mailer can make use of the
                "user+detail@local.host" syntax; it will deliver the mail to
                the user's "detail" mailbox if the mailbox's ACL permits.
                The cyrusbb mailer delivers to a system-wide cyrus mailbox
                if the mailbox's ACL permits.  The cyrus mailer must be
                defined after the local mailer.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500