TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17715] Aliasing

as was mentioned earlier, with no explanation, /usr/ucb/ps will do
what you expect.  When Sun went all SysV-ish, they kept the Berkeley
style stuff around in /usr/ucb (get it?).  Anyway, the best PATH I have
found looks something like this:

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/openwin/bin

the /opt/SUNWspro/bin is if you pay the $3K for Sun's compiler, but ALWAYS
have your compiler (gcc, SUNWspro) before /usr/ucb, since /usr/ucb/cc
is not really a compiler.  Hence, I like to have gcc in /usr/local.

-Chris