TCLUG Archive

SuSE ftp install problems

I've done my SuSE install via ftp and I add all my packages using yast with
ftp.  However many times when I connect yast keeps coming back giving server
closed connection messages without even giving the server a chance to
respond.  Sometimes it actually closes the connection, sometimes it just gets
into a bad state where it thinks the server has closed the connection, but
output from the server still scrolls across the bottom window.  I'm connecting
through a Linux firewall over a 144K connection, if that makes a difference.
Anyone have any ideas?

--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe