TCLUG Archive

X4.0/Red Hat 6.2 and DPMS

  Hi,

Ok, weirdest thing.

After I installed RH6.2 and X4.0, DPMS no longer works. It's not the usual
problem where X4.0 refuses to accept DPMS options - that part works fine,
but the monitor only ever goes into Standby, never suspend or off. Even if
I go "xset dpms force off", it only goes into Standby.

I never ever ran any version of X other than 4.0 after reinstalling this
box, so I don't know if that's the problem. I have run X4.0 and 3.3.6 with
the same equipment under Red Hat 6.0 and DPMS worked fine then.

Anyone?

-Yaron