TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:17576] gpm?

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 11:43:52AM -0500, Jacqueline Urick wrote:

> How do I automatically stop gpm on boot? I keep having to stop gpm
> before I startx, otherwise I can'tuse my mouse under x. I found that if
> I removed gpm alltogether I don't get any mouse support under x either.

I'm not entirely certain I understand what you're trying to accomplish.  I
think you do not want gpm to start during the boot process.  Stopping gpm
during boot doesn't make much sense, as it needs to be started before it
can be stopped...

From there it depends on what distribution you are running.  In general,
look for either /etc/rc.* files or an /etc/rc* directory.  Digging around
in whatever you find should help you figure out what type if init scripts
your distribution is using.

If you can't, post another message to the list including what distribution
you are using and someone will be able to help you out.

Ben

--
Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana.
First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the