TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:8052] Multiple /etc/skel entries?

Ben Beuchler wrote:

> Actually, on my system it is a binary file of type: ELF 32-bit LSB
> executable.  The defaults are stored in a text file '/usr/defaults/useradd'

Ahh yes, it's that way on my system (RHL 5.2) too, I see. The config
file makes it okay, since you can edit that.

> but I can't seem to find anyway of defining different settings for different
> groups.  Their isn't a switch for specifying a different config file,
> either...

Be creative, and read tha manual page. With mine you can do most of what
you want with command-line options (including specifying an alternate
skel). You're just a shell script or alias away from happiness, dude...

> I suppose I *could* write some sort of script that switches between two
> different /usr/defaults/useradd files, based on a command line switch...

If your man page says the things mine does, you won't even have to do
that! You're getting the idea, though.

-- Chris

  Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerFireWorks.com/