TCLUG Archive

Re: [TCLUG:7294] The LinuxStore - Linux, Redhat, Element-L, Hardware, Software, Processor, Memory, RAM, Notebook, Hard Drives, Linux Modems, Monitor

I have a Multia that I use as a file server.
(you may remember it from one of the previous install-fests)

A friend and I picked up a few when Starship was selling them.
He installed NT, and I installed Linux.

It does a good job at several things...  one of which is heating the
apartment.  The box is fast at some things but slow at others.  It takes
a long time to compile and the on-board graphics system is slow.  It has
been reliable.  When I first installed it, I used the plastic rack to
stand it vertically.  Convection worked well for cooling.  Now I have
it flat and have had no problems so far.

Because of the heat, an external SCSI drive is the way to go.  I have
a chain of two hard drives, single cd-rom, cd-rom jukebox, dat tape,
and a zip drive.

At the time, the cheapest memory I could find for it was from
Minnesota Memory.

			- Jay