TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:206] aahh

Erick Stohr wrote:

> Does anyone see anything wrong with this code? I echo my classpath and I
> see the mysql_comp.jar in there, so I am guessing it is somethign else.
> It is throwing a ClassNotFoundException.

When in doubt, use the brute force method.  Unjar the jar file to a
directory.  Confirm the class is there and in the right directory.  If
everything is right with the world, remove the mysql_comp.jar from your
CLASSPATH and instead, point to the directory where you just unjarred
the archive.  This removes two possibilities: 1) that the driver may not
be in the jar file and 2) the jar file was created using compression.

If you get past the ClassNotFound exception, holler and we can tackle
your NullPointerException.

--
Perry Hoekstra
Consultant

If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is
no woman around to hear him... is he still wrong?