Re: Fwd: Re: CF: Re: Wizard Crashes

> The problem is that a skull generator, dragoncave, or any similar
> object with a speed of less than 0.001 (there is a compare in there
> filtering these objects out) is not placed on the active list and so
> never gets a move.  People have noticed this before, but the magic
> number has not been changed in a long time.  I'm guessing the compare
> was put there because of roundoff errors accumulating (are there
> objects where speed is added to/subtracted/etc rather than simply
> set?).

 There are some objects that do get speed adjustments and not values reset.
I have made changes to the cvs repository to decrease that threshold, and also
did it in a cleaner fashion (#define in defines.h, and have other places of the
code check against this defined value instead of their defined values.)  This
should hopefully make things work better.