CF: Re: Bug? fix to pup_land [Re: Crossfire 0.95.5 released.]

Hi
I also played pupland and i have big problems with 2 map. They are properly
broken too.
In fact, i have problems to master them, even i look in the source!.

1.) pupland/rainbow/lv1/f_a (the "godfinger" quest)

This problem seems similar to the known "arrow bug" to me, because here is
also a arrow on a button which trigger some
hidden "mashine" (some grates, with bolder and button which are unreachable
and should got triggered by the arrow button).
In fact, nothing happens (the grate to lev2 don't open). Perhaps there is
more to do in the dungeon,
but the map should work "alone" and it doesn't.

2.) pupland/ruin_barbarian/hole1 (and hole2)

This is the "katana of masamune" quest.
In hole2 is a row of rooms with zombies generators, gates and buttons. The
zombies appears, trigger the buttons and
the gate to the next rooms go down. The point is, that there seems no
working way to solve the rooms. The only way
i find (and all people i ever talked to) is to run in, hold in room 1 or 2
and then log out (or crash the server).
If after relog the map reseted, you run in next room... and so on. You need
in most cases 3-4 resets to enter the room
with the key.

The second problem is, that you have 10 items to sacrifice to open the next
gate (so i understand). I drop all the right things
but nothing happens.

Perhaps i miss some in this map, when please one should give me a private
mail so i can test it.
But in every cases, this maps are really near "unplayable".

Most other quests in the game (and in pupland) have a better "red playing
line", these maps have a lake in
"game to player" conversation.

In 2. for example you got no "click" or "the altar consume your sacrifice"
after you drop the right item.
This is bad style.

One real bad point is the game is the relog position. In the katana quest, i
use a relog trick to solve the quest.
Some players use this trick to log out in a big treasure chamber. For
example after they find the way in a treasure
chamber of the demologic tower, mapoons quest or the titan castle artifact,
the enter the save maps wih a low level
char, run in the chamber and log off.

Now they play on with her normal char and next day, the log in with her low
level char. They get all items in the
reset treasure chamber for free and log off again  or make suicide to bring
the items out.

This is very enyoing, because i played 2 times a high level quest, and find
the treasure chamber plundered from
a log in cheater.

This is also very bad, because there is a simple way to avoid this kind of
cheating.

All what is needed is a special button tile flag. If a char log in and it
happens on tile with this
flag, he get teleported to a defined "log in tile" or starting point of this
map.

This avoid all cheating AND secured the problem that you can be trapped in a
map after log in.
This happens often after the server dies. In pupland the raffles are some of
this dead traps.
I don't remember how often i rescued low level people after server crashes
from this maps.

The log in point will always avoid this.

Michael