Re: Bugs(?) Alchemy

On 20-Mar-00 Crystalmir Du'Fosnee wrote:
> Also, if i want to make water of diamond and I pours like 78 diamonds and
> 17 waters in the chaldron, will it make only one...

The code is set up to do multiple batches on success.  I don't suggest doing
large batches until you get very high skill, since there is only a single
succeed/fail test done.  That means, if you fail, you'll get a single failed
product.  If your chances are 50/50, you'll not get 50% good batches and 50%
bad batches in the result.  You'll get either the whole amount of
successfully made products, or a single failed product (with a 50% chance of
either).  THe only benifet to making large batches over a lot of small ones
is the amount of spell points it costs.

> Anyway, for my last post, all the alchemy formuleas make the character
> freezes (but the server don't crashes since i can log as another char and
> get the contents of the chaldron (which are not modified stuff, like 7
> waters for the water of the wise, are still 7 waters even if it said
> something like 'the chaldron steams fire'.)

Probably a problem in the client then.  I've never had any dificulty doing
alchemy (indeed my staple form of income with new characters is making Dust
of Invisibility to Undead with all the graveyard dusts from Zombie
generators).  Sorry, don't know what to suggest there.

        Kurt.