Re: Server crash in /city/anthony/prison

On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 02:18:32AM +0200, Neil Muller wrote:
> I see that currently there are 4 log-levels specified. Probably whats needed
> is something of like:
>    Serious Errors - Always show up
>    Area specific errors - i.e. map_error, attack_error, etc. For things
>       which are non-fatal to the server but should never happen in the first
>       place. Propbably normally on , but can be turned off for
>       whatever reason, i.e. to minimise cruft in the logs while tracking a
>       given problem

There are virtually no error messages when running the server, unless
you hit a real problem.  I don't think different *_error variants are
worth implementing.

What could be useful, however, is separating errors with a (probably)
safe workaround from those errors that are likely to crash the server
or make it otherwise unusable, even if detected.  LOG() currently
increments nroferrors for all errors and kills the server if it sees
more than MAX_ERRORS per turn - even if all errors could be worked
around safely.

>     An info level and some sort of misc catch-all are probably also useful.

New log levels could be

  llevCritical
  llevError
  llevInfo