CF: Re: png for images.

Hi

Hm, i  am a prof. game programmer and i have a whole win95/directX engine
from an old
realtime project.

I have think about implement an DX client with much better gfx, possible is
a new isometric
like style.With some little tricks it can work.

What needed is a server protocol with "dynamic" tile ids. The idea to send
the gfx data in the
way crossfire do it yet, is not up to date.

The server don't add/change gfx at "runtime" and all maps are included at
server start, so why not
crossfire give the gfx to the client?

At this time, i have 10 gig free space on my new hd, and crossfire stores
the tiles in any case in the
his temp/swap dir.

If you let come the gfx in loaded packages, with global ids, you can load
for your client the gfx design
you want; you drop the server packages size and you seperate server data
from gfx data - which is
a major task for crossfire in the future.

So, why not yet?

Michael