Re: CF: apply fog fix

 I applied the patch as provided - a few notes below:

Jan Echternach wrote:
> Furthermore, I have changed apply_below() and monster_apply_below() to
> not apply objects below a floor object.  Maybe this is wrong, but I did
> not see any reason for it.  This change might break a map, but are
> there any maps using such obscure features?

 Possibly, but if so, they probably should be broken.  While there are some
cases where I could see this working as expected (an exit of some type
hidden beneath a floor), I can see a lot that probably should not work.

 Now it could be said that if the map maker hid some object beneath the floor
(like a handle) and somehow provided instructions on the map for the player to
find it, it should be applyable.  The problem here is that it doesn't make a lot
of logical sense, unless you go for the logic that the floor has a hidden stone
or the like.

 Now interesting enough, this change could actually allow for that.  You could
have some form of stacking (from bottom to top)

 stone floor
 handle
 trapdoor (face of stone floor), connected to something else.

 When the appropriate connection point is triggered,the trapdoor changes to an
open state, and players can now see (and use) the handle.  As part of the
trigger, the FLOOR flag is removed from the trapdoor.

> And because the only occurence of 'apply' in disease.c was in the rcsid
> variable name, I've fixed all rcsid_xxx_c variables in the server
> subdirectory.  This is only a cosmetic fix.

I've patched my local directory, but not committed them into CVS - as I get
patches for the other files, they will so get committed.  Some of the files are
also missing the banner with copyright and my e-mail address, while others have
one of my old e-mail addresses.  I'm using the same approach on those - as I
have reason to commit them for some other reason, that information gets updated.

 If, come time for the next release, they have yet to be committed, I'll just
commit them at that time.