Re: CF: Several fixes for 0.95.5

Jan Echternach wrote:

> Hi,
> Could somebody tell me why update_ob_speed() in common/object.c doesn't
> put objects with speed less thant or equal to 0.001 on the active
> list?

 From my memory, this was to do non precision in floating point numbers on some
systems.

 For example, a comparision against 0.0 would often fail because the actual
value in the structure wasn't 0.0, but some rather small number.

 I don't remember the cause of that - I just remember the 0.001 was a simple
check that solved that problem.  In reality, no active object would ever have a
speed less than that (in realtime, that basically amounts to an object getting
an action once every 2 minutes).

 The 0.001 is an arbitarily decided constant - it could probably be 0.00001 and
work just as well.