RE: CF: RE: New graphics

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Mardahl
Sent: 9/10/99 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: CF: RE: New graphics

Not necessarily:  it's a big job and not an easy one to do well.
----------------
Perhaps.  We'll see.  Nothing I can do right now anyway.
----------------
> It occurs to me we could use a little more clarity in the matter of
who is
> contributing, who is actively contributing, and who has staked out
what
> territory.  I've never heard of Mr. Sundqvist.  If he reads this list,
he
> hasn't said anything in weeks.  And yet he's privately decided to work
on
> some major facet of the game which somebody else has publicly
expressed an
> interest in.  That's not a good thing.  This is an Open Source
project, with

He hasn't "privately decided" to work on it:  he's announced
the project several times on the list.  In fact, I got him to put
the new images in the source repository on boltzmann.eecs.berkeley.edu.
Anyone with CVS access could help him with the project.

cvs checkout arch32

rephrase my complaint, then.  Is there a location on the web page where
significant projects of this nature are listed, together with who is working
on them and the date they started and the date they last showed activity?
And if not, shouldn't it be done?
You might want to correspond with him on what yet needs to be done, and
if he isn't responsive, then simply take over the project.

I can't find his email address right now unfortunately.