Re: CF: random encounters.

> I don't play much anymore, but have random encounters turned on and
> like to slash around in the forest as a low level character (I'm _not_
> a powerplayer like most people here, I don't think I ever has played
> past level 12...  (I also turn on PERMA_DEATH)).  I think it would
> interesting to replace the implementation with the random map
> generator, but it may need enhancements to handle open spaces.

one problem with random encounters is that as a magic user
you can dive out a door to wait for a recharge and dump yourself
into a situation in which you cannot defend yourself.  ouch...

what if the random encounters were insertable items for map-
makers?  you could dot the landscape of your choice with these
(and hopefully give some sort of warning about it).

--
 Steven Lembark                                   2930 W. Palmer St.
                                                 Chicago, IL  60647