RE: CF: ice cubes

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, dragonm wrote:

[snip]
> In my ever-so-humble opinion, differentiating between a liquid and the
> container it's in is long overdue.  The added twists you mentioned that I
> snipped out would even make it interesting, as opposed to merely useful.
> The added complexity isn't that bad, and it's in keeping with the increased
> role-playing emphasis Mark (and I) desire for the game.

One concern I have about this is how to implement the *graphics* for such
containers. If we allow just about any form of liquid to be stored in a glass
container, we'll have a *lot* of graphics to add to the game! (And also add a
lot of complexity in the code deciding which graphic to use.) Not that it
matters, but I'm just considering whether a small feature like this is worth
so much effort/memory/etc.

Alternatively, we can re-use the graphics we currently have for potions which
have their own "look", and simply add another general graphic for a filled
bottle of whatever else, plus a general graphic of an empty bottle.

Or we could have several different versions of "filled" potions with different
colored contents (eg. a red potion, a green potion, a brown potion, a colorful
potion, etc.). This will help to give some "character" to existing potions
which don't have their own graphic (eg. shock immunity, magic immunity, the
attack potions).

One interesting thing about having containers like this is that you can fill
one up with poisonous crap you got from an alchemical accident, and throw it
at some monster and watch them melt. :->