CF: Re: Pool of chaos

> Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:23:17 +1000
> From: John Cater <john_cater@gitaylor.eng.monash.edu.au>
>
> Does anyone know why the pool of chaos isn't? The spell seems to have
> more in common with a wall of frost. Perhaps a "pool" spell could
> affect a single square and there could be a seperate "wall of chaos"
> for the larger spell.

That's been bugging me, too.  I suggest renaming that spell to "Create
Wall of Chaos" to be consistant with the other wall spells, and make a
new spell for "Pool of Chaos".  I'd base that one on the fireball
code, but with a much smaller area of effect that grows with caster
level.  And a longer duration, so it would create a 3x3 area full of
chaos for about the same duration as as wall spell.  Basically the
same effect in a different shape, and it appears where you throw it
instead of immediately in front of you.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org