Re: CF: more updates soon, comments/votes requested

>  Maybe not really related, but I have a feeling the problem is more too much
> verbosity in other areas.  If the number of monsters is reduced some, perhaps
> this won't be as much an issue with important messages getting lost in the
> ouptut.
>
>  The other solution would be to subdivide the current output window into 2
> windows, each half the size.  One would hold all the generic/fairly unimportant
> messages (those that are black), while the other has the important messages.

what about simply not repeating messages?  being told that i'm
praying 10 000 gazillion times doesn't help and just eats bandwidth.
as a magic user i loose most of the useful messags just to `you pray'
or `you pray over the alter of blah blah'.  either don't repeat the
messages or only give one per so many time units (say one every 3-5
seconds so i know the line isn't locked up)?

--
 Steven Lembark                                   2930 W. Palmer St.
                                                 Chicago, IL  60647