CF: Weapon Speed revisted

I received this message a few days ago, but I see now that a similar
question was already posted to the group by Tobias Vigmostad.

Do I have some of these numbers, and whay they mean, mixed up??

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Anders Mediaas Wagle wrote:

> But I have had some puzzled concerning the weapons speed system. When I
> increase in strength or find faster weapons, my weapon speed is reduced.
> Logically I figure it is better the lower the weapon speed. This makes me
> wonder if there might be something wrong with the calculation-code at this
> point. I have tried to collect tons of equipment, and this _lowers_ my
> weapon speed! So, when I carry 5000kg og equipment this makes my charachter
> his faster..? The same thing happens when I _decrease_ in dexterity! The
> more stiffened my character gets, the faster I hit with my weapons!

Let me first clarify on some things here:

Wc is weapon class.  And that has to do with how skilled the character is
with a weapon.  You want this number to be low (even negative)

Speed is movement speed, how fast the character can walk.  This number
shows up after "Speed:" on both the GTK and CF clients.

Finally, there is another number that shows up in parentheses in the CF
client (can't remember off hand with the GTK client.)  This has to do with
how many attacks the player can make per unit of time.  You want this
number to be high.

So, I think you may have some of the numbers and what they mean turned
around.

In summary:

Wc: low (negative, if possible)
Speed: High
Weapon Speed (number in parentheses): High

All of this is also summarized at:
http://crossfire.real-time.com/Player_s_Handbook_Index/Ch._2_-_Characters/ch._2_-_characters.html#2.1.1

- Rick Tanner
leaf@real-time.com