Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

CF: Server at sunbroy53.informatik.tu-muenchen.de

Hi,

since it is rather difficult to locate people using a server
(feature request: let players leave an email address in their
character file...) I decided to send this offtopic message on
this list :-) An while we are at it: add a mailbox to crossfire,
so players can send mail to other players inside the game :-)

My server sunbroy53.informatik.tu-muenchen.de is no longer available.

Players may request their player data files from me via mail ---
however, my mail address will change soon, and will _probably_ be
stieber@cys.de starting around May 20th (although mail to my old
address will probably be forwarded for a short time, until that
account expires as well).  Note that the player data includes the
private apartments, but no public apartments (such as the apartment
house in Scorn, the houses in Stoneville and the apartment town.

There is currently another server at elfe.informatik.tu-muenchen.de;
this is a 0.95.3 server (which appears to be rather stable, although
some of the typical 0.95.x crashes are still there) with some bugs
fixed. I have no idea whether this will be around for a long time or
not :-)

There is the possibility to transfer players from my server to the new
one; this requires some manual work from Steve (mostly because the
gods have changed), so it might take a while, or he might just refuse
to do it :-) Mail Steve (reich@informatik.tu-muenchen.de) for details.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber