Real Time Crossfire Mailing List Archive

Re: CF: Server problem?

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Ryan Casey wrote:

> I m running Redhat 6.0 on an i386.  I installed the server and both the
> regular and gtk clients.   Both of these work fine until I try to attack
> creatures.  Then my client crashes.  The server stays running and I can
> reconnect at the same place where I got disconnected, but this happens
> with both clients.

I used to have this happen too with 0.95.3 (the current version).  The
latest src off the cvs seems to fix this to a certain extent - perhaps a
snapshot is in order (Mark?)

Crossfire is a work in progress and the conversion to a client-server
protocol has only recently been completed - there are still a few bugs :)

> Note: I just discovered Crossfire yesterday, and am an avid player of a
> certain MUD.  I see graphical MUDs as the next step, and am very
> interested in the full capabilities of Crossfire.

Get a few players on a lan and you can have an excellent game indeed.
Slol play is also alot of fun.
Cheers,
	-Robert

--Robert Brockway B.Sc.  Email: robert@blake.humbug.org.au