Re: CF: alchemy imbalance?

On Sun, Jul 25, 1999 at 07:35:56AM -0400, Hwei Sheng TEOH wrote:

> For low-level spellcasters, I found this way ideal for making money

I never did --- I always found alchemy to be too dangerous for low levels
(back when alchemy gave a lot of experience I was even killed from failed
alchemy attempts...)-

> spells, since the game is so biased against spellcasters that it's very hard
> at low levels to find enough treasure to buy new spells.

Pupland, raffle1, kill zombies, sell their corpses. It does take some
time, but gives enough money for spells and potions --- although you
don't want to use that to buy an ring of elrond or an ring of power
:-)

No danger even for lowlevel characters, since you can always retreat
to heal. Just make sure you have some decent armor (IIRC you can no
longer use holy word to kill zombies in newer servers). In fact, you
should buy armor first, then go kill zombies, then buy spells.

Also, if you are playing a mage, priest or wizard (or something similar),
you probably want to improve your constitution first.

There is also the family house in navar --- it has a lot of chests,
so there is a good chance of getting a random artifact from there.

Christian