Re: CF: alchemy

Speaking of alchemy, has anyone else noticed some EXTREME imbalance in the
experience gained with certain formulas?

Example: I just made a bunch of dust of repelling undead, by mixing one
graveyard dirt (very easy to get once you can beat up zombies and skeletons)
and one salt (not even Philosophical salt) and I got 500,000 experience for
each successful batch.  Fourteen levels of mental in a few minutes,
risk-free.  Of course, mental levels don't affect much besides alchemy
itself, so the only real benefit from all that was a few more hit points
(very few - Wizard character) and a better chance at finding traps.  Even
so, I think experience that far out of balance counts as a bug.

On the other end of the spectrum, combining one Water of Emerald and three
ghost's ectoplasms to make a balm of ethereality only generated 250
experience, which seems a bit low to me.

The other formulas I used generally gave a couple thousand experience, which
seems pretty reasonable.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed above relate in no way to anything at all
and are merely the ramblings of an overstressed C.S. geek: read at own risk

Quote of the Day:
"The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm
 trying.  I'm trying real hard to be a shepherd."  - Jules, "Pulp Fiction"