Re: CF: Staff to snake

R.Balasubramanian (mani@chipmunk.ee.iitm.ernet.in) wrote:

>         Thanks for the replies to my question.  I have killed a few titans
> in the Administration building in Brest, by snowstorms.  But I seem to only
> get Bonecrushers.

This is correct. I never said a titan had a random artifact. I said you
have to kill one :-)
Of course there are more way to kill titans --- I'm just suggesting the
safest methods.

> BTW, the bonecrusher is worth _less_ unidentified?

Yes.

>         I tried out the staff to snake spell.  I figured you need to be
> using a quarterstaff and the spell would do something.

Yes. It turns the staff you are wielding into a snake-golem. When the
golem dies it turns back into the staff (which then gets burned/frozen
away by whatever monsters are around).

> It crashed the client, but not the server.  Of course, all my stuff
> got doubled :-).

Looks like another bug. Don't worry, the client/server interface is
extremely buggy.

>         I have another doubt:  I am both vunerable and protected from
> cold.  So what does this mean?  I seem to take lots of damage from cold
> spells, so I guess I am vunerable.  (Protection from a ring, vunerable -
> maybe I was born with it, being a Quetzalcoatl).

Yes, Qs are vulnerable cold. Qs are not a good class for beginners anyway
since they can't use good equipment.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber