Re: CF: CrossEdit

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Mark Wedel wrote:
>  I think the idea of layer is based on the floor.
>
>  You have the floor layer (top object that has is_floor set), the below floor
> layer (anything below that) and the above floor level.

Well, rather like that, but more arbitrary. Each object gets (at insertion
time), a layer value based on the layer you are currently editing.
Probably use a tool window to easily switch between current layer (with
preset values for sub-floor, floor and above floor (maybe add monsters and
walls too)).

>  The problem is what do you do when you have 2 objects above the floor?  Do you
> try to do more layers, or just do some stacking?

Pretty much up to the map developer. If the objects make sense to
logically group and edit together, just add a layer and edit.

/David