Re: Art needed! was Re: CF: Re: Temples / Maps Update

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, Peter Mardahl wrote:
> The big problem with these is the art.  I'll do arcs for demons.
> I'll do arcs for giants and angels.  Anyone can do arcs.  It's not hard.
> what's hard is the art.  Recruit your artistic friends.  Steal
> any public domain image you can find.  I've made a utility for splitting
> images into crossfire-sized chunks.

This has been on my TODO queue for a long time now. I'd like to remake a
lot of the monster xpms, mainly to fix up the perspective there. It's not
a simple task tho (and making passably nice houses is a lot easier than
passably nice monsters :). (Blah, I should try to recruit da significant
other to do that... only, then we'd get crossfire - the expressionistic
generation. I'm sure the arts crowd would love it, but...)

> I'd also like to see some cool multi-square elementals, a fiery salamander,
> a purple worm, more varieties of dragon, and more varieties of animal,
> all of which I'll be delighted to stick in the random maps as styles,
> and by the way, where should we stick some random maps, since we've
> decided not to simply stick them in all empty exits?

And more humanoid versions. Humans (citizens), dwarves, elves, etc.

/David