Re: CF: Answers to Scott Yelich's questions

> Wow, you either need potions in a big way, or you need to kill
> lots of stuff with mage spells and priest spells.  For maxgrace,
> you need Wis and Pow, while for maxsp, you need only Pow.

Hey, don't chastise me...  I didn't create this -- I don't even know
where it comes from:

That is ring (speed +1) (dam+10) (ac+15) (sustenance+25) (magic+10)
(regeneration+35) (Pro: physical, magical, fire, electricity, cold,
confusion, acid, drain, weaponmagic, ghosthit, poison, slow, paralyze,
turn undead, fear, cancellation)(Attuned: Frost) (worn).  It is made of:
iron It weighs 0.020 kg.  You would get 13038 platinum coins, 3 gold
coins and 8 silver coins for it.

Of course, when the gcfclient loses all key bindings --
and you just kill the client (ie: close window)... it dupes items
when you return to the game.

> Use more effective spells.  If you're shooting magic bullet at them,
> and just one magic bullet, it won't hurt most monsters that much,
> if you're fighting decent monsters.  You might have to fire 3 or 4
> small fireballs to kill some creatures, and really tough monsters
> might require you to empty your fuel tank.

Well, it's just that my HP doesn't seem to go down (ie: see
above ring), yet, my sp takes a looooong time to come back up.
I'm going to try to go without armor (I have ac -64 with, and
ac -45 without armor).

> Anyway, do the rest of you see what I mean about making crossfire too
> hard?  Beginners don't have the expert knowledge we developers do....

Well, I was just thinking more help/hints in the game
with some idea on WHERE to get these hints.  I *love* the idea
of random maps, since with so many buildings closed, it can
get annoying to try to find some place to explore.

> > and kill it, you get physical experience.  Was there ever a
> > discussion into turning damage directly into experience (or
> > was that hinting at the strength of the opponent? I vaguely
> > remember something about that).
> Well, do the reverse.  Hit it a few times, and THEN kill him with magic.
> I don't really see much need for awarding experience for anything
> but kills.  It is so much simpler that way.

Oh, I do...  I just simplified.  Normally it's: phy, phy, phy, magic,
phy, magic, phy...  etc...  depending on the enemy -- but, alas, can you
guess which method normally scores the kill?  I do try to use the
appropriate magic so it's not that I'm using the wrong spell/type.

> Enchanting weapons is really for high level characters, IMHO.  You're
> better off trying to find something nice.

Well, I'm trying to learn the game without dying...
so I've accepted a few "gifts"

2x- ring (speed +1)(dam+10)(ac+15)(sustenance+25)(magic+10)(regeneration+35)(Pro: physical, magical, fire, electricity, cold, confusion, acid, drain, weaponmagic, ghosthit, poison, slow, paralyze, turn undead, fear, cancellation)(Attuned: Frost) (worn)    0.0
  - long sword +17 (wielded)                 0.0
  - plate mail +15 (worn)                    0.0
  - full helmet +3 (worn)                    0.0
  - high shield +14 (worn)                   0.0
  - jack boots +2 (worn)                     5.2
  - gauntlets +2 (worn)                      1.4
  - amulet (reflect missiles) (worn)         0.5

I know the last time I played the game, I
enchanted my own weapon to like +7
and then it started to say no more or
fizzle or something.

I'll try going without the armor.