Re: CF: Dtabb Land

John Cater on  wrote...
| > If Mark says to I suppose I can incorperate the dtabb additions into
| > the current scorn update maps. That way we have one set of
| > development maps.
| Can I get Mark to confirm this? Is Anthony now going to take care of
| the development maps?

An Empathic NO!

I volinteered to do the update of scorn, and I will inclide other maps
from the known authors of various other areas into the set with the OK
from Mark Wenal.

However this will only be until the next offical release of the maps
when scorn update (and anything else) is incorperated.

| We were kind of surprised how quick and easy it was to edit maps. More
| people need to be doing this!  It would be good if various current
| players/servers were allocated regions to upkeep and there was a
| central organising site.

I was suprised myself which is why I decided to do the scorn update to
fix the various problems, add street of gods and redesign the port.
Basically make scorn less artifical as a city.

| Thanks James for testing the quest. Does anyone want
| dtabb.v_2.01.beta.tar.gz??

where?

| >world/world_e1 sea to the south east is passable.
| That needs to be fixed on the world maps, we think we need a mandate
| to fiddle with them.

Not if it is a magical causeway into a kingdom under the sea :-)

A different ``shallow/airy water'' image would be needed but that would
be quite a magical quest.  I will not be doing it, so it is open to
anyone who wants it :-)

| >dtabb/town/town ... can walk on the ship's sails.  dtabb/town/church
| >... exits go back to old location on town.
| Fix-ed

Couple of other bugs from my walk around Dtabb last night (95.1)
  * Magic mouth at north end of harbour says `` level 5 or greater''
    but nothing nearby is open.  I think it may have been left behind
    from the last set of changes.
  * Crater, north-west of mountains just outside town has magic mouth
    saying, a passage is visble in bottom of crater, but nothing is
    enterable.

| >dtabb/quest/fire ... claims it needs two players but I did it with
| >one
| by dropping stack of objects on the northern most door after opening
| it with the handle.  Make the door faster to fix.

Why is this adventure designed to be limited to multiple players?

| Can you give us an idea how to do that?  Is it by altering the speed
| or Hp of the gate for example?

Not posible at the devices stand. Speed does not affect trigger gates at
all. However you can change timeings but using some of the device
gadgets such as in the scron update "test/anthony" maps.

You can set a door then to open then close or open and close at
regular intervals for whatever time periods you like. Just setup a
cascade loop which either stops to what for a handle signal, or loops
continuously.

the "test/anthony" maps are a good place for people wanting to example
``how-to'' for timed events.  Another map to look at is, the magic show
in pupland.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
    DM: `` I'll let you live if you roll lower then 3 on 4d6 ''
    PC: `` Okay that's better...  Hey! ''
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au