Re: CF: random map & map start point

> | such as options like "place decor along walls", "no decor in corridors",
> | "this item belongs near this other item", which may be more trouble than
> | they are worth, but would be nice.
> |
> Which again needs some way of specifing coridors and rooms.
> Again two floor types in map generation is probably easiest.
>
> And again is best done at the start as it is always harder to add things
> like this once the maps start being added to the real game.
>
> Tell you what you create the extra map charcter
>    second floor style (outside or corridor)
>    second wall style
> &  second decore ????
> And I promise to create a nethack map generator

The programming technique to define secondary and subsequent features
is to pass a pointer to a linked list of structs.  If random map
generator initialized map and then proceeded through a sequence of
map specifications then it could create truly intricate maps.  The
case of second floor and wall styles would be handled by adding a
keyword of like "additional_style" and "style_switch_chance",
"switch_back_chance" and then followed by subsequent style options.
Presumably, the random map generator would make the first room
according to the first entry, randomly determine which style to use
for second room, and so on.  That could make it possible to generate
almost any style of room by defining a few additional styles such as
random sized room and random length hallway, and then a proper mixing
of styles.

Something like that is probably a lot easier than trying to program
a large number of random map algorithms.

							sdw