Re: CF: random map (ASide: mailbox)

Peter Mardahl on  wrote...
| > | 	3) nethack-style room-and-corridor maps
| > |
| Do I hear the sound of someone volunteering to do it?  I'd be happy
| to integrate a nethack-style layout maker into the code I've already made,
| if someone were to give me one.

I thought about it but couldn't spare the time. Actually I havn't
programed in C for some time, prefering perl etc instead.

I'd like to, but no sorry.  The scorn maps was about all for now.

I just pointed out that you need a more input from the map generator
to be defined, and gave a basic outline of what is required.

| I've other priorities, however, for the random map generator that I intend
| to get to first, before I coded a nethack-style generator myself.

And you are off to a great start.  Scorn could certainly use a number of
random houses.  If a fixed mailbox with address for a house could be added
that would be a bonus.

Aside..

Crossfire is really needing a `non-container' mailbox. EG: a `sign'
mailbox. I don't think anyone use the mailbox arch simply because it is
a container!

Hmm quick search...
   Nope only a number of `signs' named "Mailbox"

Nope not one mailbox object is in use in crossfire anywhere!

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
        Here dragon, Stupid Dragon, have a cookie...
                                   -- Visitor to Anthony's Castle
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au