Re: CF: 0.95.1 bug summary (Old City)

"Mark Wedel" on  wrote...
| On Jan 2,  7:51pm, Anthony Thyssen wrote:
| > Subject: Re: CF: 0.95.1 bug summary (Old City)
| > "Jacek Konieczny" on  wrote...
|
| > I have a few bugs I know of in oldcity myself. Which I hope to add to
| > a later scorn update release. But those ones I don't know about.
| > I also want to put the ``Kings Teddy'' ;-) in place even though at this
| > time Scorn has no king to provide a reward.
|
|  Actually, rather than a teddy bear, I think some item that was lost
|  in the great quake that burried scorn in the first place that is of
|  little use but has some royal meaning might be more in character.

How about the ``Royal Septa of Scorn''.

It would be something tradition would require the king to have but
during the chaos of the Earthquake it was lost down a great crack in
earth which closed again afterward.

Since then rumors from various more intelegent monsters (orcs, goblins
etc) which have been captured, interigated etc, have indicated that it
exists in the nether reagions of the buried under-city.

The king could relate the first part then direct the adventurer to the
``royar torturer'' somewhere in the prision for the second, and may be
more.

PS: See the new scorn maps for the new prison. the old prison has been
modified to become a courtyard which was converted to holding captured
monsters.  Guards are more talkative.   I suppose torturing `helpless'
monsters ;-) would not be amiss.  Also see the changes made to the
`end' map of old city to allow better handling of the final goal.

On my Web site..
    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/CF/

Primary Crossfire FTP site...
    ftp://ftp.ifi.uio.no/pub/crossfire/incoming/
       (files starting with "scorn_")

NOTE: I was about to upload all files BUT the full maps tar
by compressing the patches. The FTP site however is tight on space.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
``But that's fantasy for you. The Damsel gets to fly, while
    the Elf gets stuck in the mud.''  -- Piers Anthony `Bearing an Hourglass'
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au