Re: Map swapping/timing out: was Re: CF: Random maps - comments

Peter Mardahl (peterm@langmuir.EECS.Berkeley.EDU) wrote:

> Perhaps random maps should only be 'timed out' when there is no one
> on the server?

Bad idea. Granted, should my telnet access make it into the server we'll
no longer need mr_log, but if it doesn't, or if somebody comes up with
another "NPC", then maps would never time out (mr_log is a special
client: he is "playing" all the time and creating a kill log).

Also, every now and then we have players hanging around for quite some
time. Doesn't happen too often, but it does happen.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber