No Subject

________=22Re=3A_CF=3A_suggestion_for_Exp_system_=28damage_vs=2E_kill=29?=
 =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22_=28Feb__3=2C_12=3A56pm=29?=
To: crossfire@ifi.uio.no
Subject: Re: CF: suggestion for Exp system (damage vs. kill)

On Feb 3, 12:56pm, Raphael Quinet wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: suggestion for Exp system (damage vs. kill)
>
> So as I wrote yesterday, I prefer to have the party experience awarded
> to the generic category.  That will unfortunately not help healers to
> get experience for the praying skill, but they will still be able to
> increase their overall level.

 I think a general exp category is also a good thing for attacks that garner
exp but don't directly relate to improved a skill (firing a wand for example).
 All the misc. tasks could be added to the generic category.

 This could work well with the idea of guilds and moving exp that someone else
presented.  But instead of allow exp to be moved between arbitrary skill
categories, let the players only move exp from the generic category into
specific categories (sort of you gained additional knowledge/poewr, but now you
are going to focus it into a specific area.)  Perhaps even some small portion
of exp gained from using specific skills go to the general exp category
(finding a trap certainly helps you know more about traps, but some of what you
learn there could also translate to other areas.)  Small percent would be
something like 10-15%.

 A character that doesn't move the exp from general would be higher overall
level, but probably less potent in that the skills levels are not as good.

 The exact exchange ratio could vary ('hard' skills have a higher ratio instead
of easy skills.  This ratio could also be adjusted by the actual stats the
character has in that category, and perhaps the actual guild.  A guild of
greater enlightment on some very hard to place could offer a better exchange
rate than the guilds found in town for example.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com