Re: Graduated protections, was Re: CF: incompatible objects (was Re: Experiments)

David Andrew Michael Noelle wrote:

>     I just added in one variable and moved the spell point armour penalty
> calculation from the do_some_living() function to fix_player().  And threw
> in a couple lines to save and load that value along with the sp/hp/grace
> regen bonuses.  Seems a bit easier than I thought it would be, but I'm
> testing it now to see if I missed something.

 There is no reason to save/load derived values like regen rates.  When a player
is loaded, fix_player is called and it will load the value at that time.

 In some cases, derived values are saved (like weight), because it is not
necessarily easy to determine if that is a derived stat (like players inventory
total), or is actually the real value for that item.

 It probably doesn't make a big different to save it, but it is just a note that
if you know it is going to be recalculated, no reason to save it out.