CF: Something i cant figure out.

I have played just about every character class in crossfire at one time or
the other. The only class i cant get working correctly is the Cleric class.

The reason behind this is joining a cult. The instructions on how to do this
are very unclear. They should probably even be rewritten to make it more
understandable.

The handbook says you have to stand on the altar then "pray".

Ok, standing on the altar is no problem even for a total braindead like me.

But what in the world does it mean by "pray"?

I have to date tried (standing on the altar or by it) this:

1)casting a cleric spell (which causes you to pray).
2)typed pray, praying,invoke or anything else i can think of on the command
line (some of the things i have typed probably shouldn't be repeated (heavy
frustrated sigh)). no wonder the gods ignore me heheh
3)used a holy cross

nothing to date has worked... Can somebody please help this godless person
find a religion?