Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: Some ideas for Crossfire... (long)

Raphael Quinet (quinet@gamers.org) wrote:

> For example, a character starting in the "Dark Forest" would have to
> kill the three hill giants who are destroying the forest.

Sure. A level 1 character killing hill giants.

> These mini-quests should be left to the beginners, so that they can be
> sure to find all the objects that they need on these maps (among other
> things, their starting equipment).  If these maps were accessible to
> all players, they would probably be empty most of the time on
> multiplayer servers.

Depends on what's in there. If there are just lowlevel monsters and
useless items they would not be attractive --- just like most Scorn
maps everybody would do them just once or twice, if at all (I find
myself doing almost no Scorn maps anymore when building characters
(esp. on the 0.95.3 server --- it's simply too time-consuming to move
between the two Scorns, and I really have better things to buy than
stupid harbor passes), and usually even fewer Santo Dominio or Navar
City maps). The same is true for most players; I actually know just
one player who is still hanging around in newbie maps (and he's been
there for weeks...).

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber