Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: Recall altars - Docs

Peter Mardahl on  wrote...
| > I am also considering changing the functions that give out some
| > random gifts from the god (such as enchanting the weapon or
| > teaching some new prayers) so that they are only given if the
| > player has sacrificed something on the altar.  Or maybe keep
| > them as they are now, but give even better things if some
| > bodyparts from an ennemy are sacrificed.  Suggestions are
| > welcome...
|
| I prefer the former to the latter.  It'd force more priestly actions,
| give more motivation.  You should put some documentation on it
| in the random scrolls or something, though, if you do this.

Random scrolls forsuth...
Lets get a proper crossfire handbook (player not expert) and add it
their.  Sort of like the Nethack GUIDE BOOK which I always found to be
excelent. If you tie this into the CVS system then people modifing code
can update handbook too.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
        Here dragon, Stupid Dragon, have a cookie...
                                   -- Visitor to Anthony's Castle
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au