Re: CF: Client Files

Darren Benham (gecko@benham.net) wrote:
> Since there is no install command in the client's make file.. are the following
> files necessary to run the client?  Are they even config files or are they only
> used for building the client:
>
> deb_keys

def_keys, probably.
YOu can copy this to ~/.crossfire/keys. Note that the
up/down/left/right keys won't work on Suns (assuming a 0.94.3
server/0.94.4 client; I don't know any 0.95.0 servers to try): you
have to rebind them whenever you start the client.

> sounds

Only if you want to play with sound. Not recommended --- the sound
sucks. :-(

> the pixmap directory.

I didn't see a pixmap directory with the client? The client should
create its own image cache; it's should get its images from the
server.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber