Re: CF: cfclient

On Mar 16,  5:40pm, Timothy Whitfield wrote:
> Subject: CF: cfclient
> Who is currently working on cfclient?  What is the current status of it?
> I am new to crossfire, but I think it is just what I have been looking
> for.  I would like to to join working on the client/server a little at a
> time, I don't have that much time, but I would like to do something.

 I am primary working on it.

 Current status is that it is mostly there - there is very little on the slate
of things that must be added to it.

 That said, it might/could still be extended (use a toolkit instead of
basically writing our own for scrollbards), make it look nicer, perhaps
better/smarter handling of some items.

 These are all very vague because there has been very little discussion on what
features beyond the current set people want.

 There could perhaps be a list of things that the client should handle instead
of the server (ie, the various pickup modes).

 Some other things I could see is nicer handling of containers (instead of
drawing the items in the look window, draw them in the inventory window, but
perhaps indented.)  It would also make sense to have multiple containers open
at the same time, and able to move stuff between them (perhaps there should be
some practical limits on that, but right now, I think the old limitation on
that was because there was not an effective way to handle multiple containers.)

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com