Re: CF: images & caching.

>  You have to remember that image ordering in crossfire can change.  If I add
> say a new map, with 10 new images, those new images might be #100, #101, #650,
> #1350, etc.  Under the above scheme, that is a lot of negotiating back and
> forth to figure out where the new images are, or is much more complicated.

	Here's a semi-naive question: Why dont we identify the images
	by their names instead of their (compiled) numerical position?
	In such a case, you could arbitarily add images to any cache
	without screwing up the prior identification of other images.

	I mean, by default, the image names must be unique. If a number
	must be used, why not use something like a numerical conversion
	of the image name (uh, I dunno, say atoi or sum such algorithm).

							-b.t.