Re: CF: client & keybindings?

Mark Wedel (mark@pyramid.com) wrote:

> > I suppose I will loose all my keybindings when I log a real character
> > in?
>
>  define real character?

Oops.. sorry. I meant "a character created and maintained with the
standard "client" (i.e. old client, telnet client, whatever the
official name is)".

> The keybindings the client uses are completely
> seperate to those of the server (thus, if you have a character on the server
> with a whole mess of keybindings and log that character in via the client,
> those are lost.)

That's what I was afraid of. So I guess I won't be able to silently move
to the new client scheme once it works reliably :-(

>  However, the client bindings remain for all characters - so if you have a
> fairly standard set of changes you make for all characters, you only need to do
> it once, and all characters you play with the client will use those bindings
> (being that the bindings are not tied to the character, but tied to the
> client.)

That's what I thought, too (after all, the file is just called "keys"),
and it's actually a good thing --- it takes a lot of time to recreate
all those keybindings for new characters. Some will have to be redone
(such as taking your armor on/off), though :-)

Christian

--
Christian (Icho/Gandhi/Ribald @sunbroy53.informatik.tu-muenchen.de, 13326)