CF: Moving on to implement diseases

Thanks for the input.  I'm going to go ahead and implement diseases.
I imagine it'll take me a couple of weeks.

I plan on keeping poison and disease separate entities.  Someone
may want to retrofit poison's into the 'disease' mold, but I see
them as different enough to leave as they are.

I also plan on making certain monsters able to inflict disease on
successful hits:  mosquito-->malaria, lich-->leprosy, dog-->rabies.
I'll do this by making a successful hit by something which 'carries'
the disease cause the disease.

If you've had a disease, I plan to make players immune to getting the
same disease twice, provided the disease they're 'catching' is of
<= level.  I.e., someone immune to level 20 flu will be completely
immune to level 10 flu, but level 21 flu might floor him.

Diseases may be progressive, in that they may start out relatively
weak, but eventually kill the player.  Healing will help (reduce
progression), but only
'cure disease' will remove disease.  Restoration will 'cure disease'
at the level it is cast, as well 'cure disease'.  Altars will be able
to cure disease.

Kills via disease will grant experience.  Undead will never suffer
from disease, nor will demons, though both may cause it.

Curing non-player-caused disease will grant experience.  In some
cases, such curing could even be quite RISKY.

I can easily see a sick player bringing, say, smallpox into a town
and wiping the place out!

I also plan to grant some wizard diseases:  these will be very specific.
Imagine a 'wipe out all the mice' spell.

PeterM